Last week was Live-In-Grammy Week. While Avery’s Daycare was on vacation, Grammy stayed with us to help out. We brought Grammy back to VT this past weekend, so let’s recap what we’ve been able to accomplish this week…
My original list I made on Monday is old news. I was able to accomplish some of it:
- Kitchen: Grammy reorganized cabinets and cleaned the fridge… yay!
- Bathroom: Vinay & I tackled this Monday night in 1/2 an hour
- Living Room: Grammy washed the couch and it’s cushion covers – Sooo needed! There were stains from Avery spit up, and on a black couch, that looked ikky. And she swept up the dust bunnies under the couch!
2. Organize – didn’t have time 😦 But it can wait…
3. Work. I got 9 extra hours in this week – cha-ching!!!
4. Paint & 5.Pictures… didn’t happen because some stuff came up that took priority…
6. Avery Toys: I was looking for a push walker for Avery because he is learning to walk…. and found a women nearby (via craigslist) selling all her son’s old stuff and ended up with these…
For a whopping $40…total!!! And I snagged a pack and play for my cousin, Beth (expecting a boy in October).
7. Daycare! I spent the second half of the week scrambling to find Avery a new daycare because his is closing! I’ll post an update about this soon!
8. Time with Avery & Grammy. Although I could have worked late two more days this week, I chose not to so I could spend time with Avery and Grammy. I just can’t pull myself away from time with family… it’s just so much fun and important to see Avery because every day he’s changing and doing something new and I hate missing out on that, even for a day!!!
9. Finances I spent some nights going over our finances originally because we wanted to check our budget and see where we are spending to much and where we can cut back… but then it turned into, how can we afford a higher priced daycare?! And we’ve been throwing around ideas of me working part time or taking Avery full-time and being a stay at home mom and just working a little from home… we’re trying every avenue to see what we can financially do.
Mid-week I became a little disappointed because I saw there was no way I’d accomplish everything on my original list, but as I write all this down, I realize we got A LOT accomplished this week! I’ve learned as a mommy, wife, and homeowner that you just have to make priorities and sometimes things on the list fall behind and can wait another day, or sometimes another week or month.
When you became a mommy, wife, homeowner, what tasks do you push to the side for another day, or week? Cleaning, socializing, exercise?