Avery had his 9-month check-up this week. Yup, he’s already 3/4 of a year old!!! Which means… yes, I’m already planning his 1st Birthday Party! More details on that to come…
So, on Tuesday before the big holiday, we visited the doctor to get measured, poked, and prodded. Avery was surprisingly excited…
Here are some stats on how he measured up…
Height: 29in. (74.13%) He grew 1-1/2 inches since his 6-month check-up.
Weight: 18lb 13.2oz (21.18%) He gained just over 2 pounds since his 6-month check-up.
Head Circumference: 45.5cm (55.2%) His ‘big head’ got even bigger, by 1-1/2 cm!
Like our doctor says, ‘What’s Avery up to these days?’
- Eating. Avery has 24-30oz of formula a day. 3 meals (fruit for breakfast, veggie at lunch, protein for dinner) and one snack, usually yogurt or applesauce in the afternoon. He is also eating finger foods! He loves chomping on crackers with his two teeth, and picking up ‘puffs’ or ‘crunchies’. He loves all the foods he has tried… but doesn’t care for watermelon or anything chunky. He can hold a sippy cup but doesn’t quite understand how to tip it up like a bottle just yet – he usually just chews on it like a toy.
- Sleeping. Avery STILL isn’t sleeping through the night. Our sleep struggles are still ongoing. When he starts sleeping through the night 2-3 nights in a row, something comes up like he catches a cold, or we travel and his schedule gets messed up and we have to work on building it up again. Someday we’ll get it figured out! But he does sleep enough hours in a day. He will go down at 645PM, wake once at night and have a bottle for 20 minutes, then wake again at 530/6AM. And he has 2-3 naps a day lasting 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- Playing. Right now, Avery loves being pushed around in his car (who wouldn’t love being chauffered around!?), playing in his baths, going to the park, banging on things, and loves being pushed around in a shopping cart or his stroller.
- Mobility. Avery is a crawler! He moves around the house so quickly and is now pulling up on everything, even vertical walls. I swear he’s half spider-man! He even tries to pull away and stand alone when you hold his hands.
- Safety. We’ve been building our baby-proofing tools… we have a gate to the only stairway in the house, and we just got some cool foam mats so Avery won’t bonk his head on the hardwood floors. We’ll have to soon add cabinet locks because Avery now loves opening cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom!
- Health. In the past couple weeks Avery has had a cold or allergies, or a mix of both. He has been in good spirits and eating well, so nothing major. He did have a little diaper rash for a couple days too – nothing a little Desitin couldn’t fix! We’re very fortunate to have such a happy and healthy little guy!
What should we expect next? Do you think Avery will walk soon, or say his first word? Will it be Ma-Ma or Da-Da?!! Watching him grow and develop has been so exciting…