Yellow Polka Dot Bikini!
That’s right, It’s bikini shopping time! I only have 2 weeks left in my FIT in 40 health kick and then we’ll be on the beach in Costa Rica! So it’s time to bite the bullet and buy a bathing suit. No worries though – I’ll have a support team with me – Mom, Sis, and of coarse, Avery. Let’s hope all this work will payoff and I find something I feel good in!
Here’s an update on my progress as of yesterday:
- Day: 26
- Days to Go: 14
- Weight Loss: 3lbs-ish. The scale was higher this morning since the last weigh-in, but I’m not discouraged. Muscle weighs more than fat, you know 🙂
- Daily Calorie Net: 1400-ish. Some days are more, some are less. I try to eat more on days when I workout, to fuel me. But then some days that I can’t squeeze in a workout, I have to be really careful with what I eat.
- Guilty Pleasures: Sweets. I sneak a Hershey kiss or girl scout cookie on the weekend… can’t help it – They’re yummy! I did go grocery shopping this past weekend though and there are healthier snack options in the cupboards now.
- Exercise Frequency: 4-5 times/wk. If we can get out for a stroll, we try to once or twice a day if it’s a weekend. On crummy days, like yesterday, I make-up some high-intensity workout for 15-20 minutes of jumping jacks, lunges, stretching, ab crunches, etc. Avery has fun watching me!
- Bikini Confidence: eh. I think I’ll be ready to try on bathing suits this weekend, but still not happy with how it looks – those stretch marks are still weird to get used to seeing…
- Motivational Pictures: My ‘SELF’ Magazine arrived in the mail yesterday (my awesome lil sis got me a bunch of magazines as a gift for my birthday last year). With summer approaching, they of coarse had a whole section on picking a bathing suit for your body type. Petite, tall, curvy, plus-size, etc. Problem is, I feel like I apply to three of the categories. Here are a few pictures of suggested bathing suits for my body type(s) from SELF.com:
- Petite. Bikini. Vibrant colors help you take center stage. Steer clear of cutesy florals and polka dots; they can nudge your frame into little-girl territory. Gathered sides, adjusted high, lengthen legs. This looks the most-similar to previous ones I’ve worn – but it’ll show off my tummy…
- Petite. One-piece. Delicate details won’t overwhelm your figure. I like this style because it hides my tummy, but with short legs, a one-piece makes me look silly…
Bottom-heavy. Bikini. Above-the-waist design elements draw eyes up, where you want them. Avoid skimpy tops, which can make fuller coverage below more apparent. Bottom ties adjust for a custom, comfy fit. This one looks promising… I like the ties.
Full-tummied. Tankini. You could wear slimming darks all the time, but that’s no fun. Suck-you-in fabrics and camouflaging tricks help you break out the brights and graphics. Choose a tankini top that flares slightly for a no-cling fit. I wonder if this would be a good compromise between the bikini and a one-piece?
Which one(s) do you like? Do you have any bathing suit shopping advice to share? How did you feel post-baby in a bathing suit? Did you conceal your stretch marks with a one-piece or flaunt them with pride in a bikini?